2013 Sno*Drift Day Two Updates
2013 Sno*Drift Rally Day Two Updates
Subaru Rally Team USA's David Higgins and Craig Drew will start the second day of the 2013 Sno*Drift Rally, the kick-off event for the Rally America National Championship, with a .5 second lead over the Rockstar Energy Drink Rally Team of Antoine L'Estage and Nathalie Richard. Conditions are slippery, but teams are able to maintain top speeds with powdery snow falling in the Lewiston and Altanta, MI area.
The Can-Jam Motorsports Team of Crazy Leo and Carl Williamson find themselves five minutes from the Sno*Drift leader and keeping third place overall.
Hoonigan Racing's Ken Block and Alex Gelsomino's electrical problems stopped the team at the end of stage 2 on the first day. Using SuperRally rules the team will restart day two 18 minutes behind the overall leader. Block starts in 13th place overall and still has a chance to score valuable points.
In the Super Production Class Evan Cline and Jake Blattner hold a strong lead over Rally America newcombers Nick Roberts and Nick Judkins. Cline and Blattner won the Sno Regional Rally in the process. Young Mason Moyle with John Hall holds the third position in class after front runners David Sterckx and Karen Jankowski's could not rejoin the Sno*Drift Rally with gearbox problems.
Scion Racing Rally xD's Andrew Comrie-Picard and Jeremy Wimpey leads the Two-Wheel Drive category over Dillon Van Way and Andrew Edwards in their turbocharged Ford Fiesta. Team O'Neil Rally School's Ed McNelly and Ole Holter holds the third position.
You can read all of the day one updates and hear driver interviews using this link: http://www.rally-america.com/news/entry/2013-snodrift-rally-day-one-updates
Updated Saturday, January 26th at 8:55pm ET.
- Subaru Rally Team USA's David Higgins and Craig Drew are just .5 seconds ahead of the Rockstar Energy Drink Team. Rockstar's co-driver, Nathalie Richard, gives some insight on their day one performance and what to do to push their Mitsubishi into the lead: https://soundcloud.com/rallyamerica/natalie-richard-day-2-parc
- Hoonigan Racing's Ken Block and Alex Gelsomino reenters Sno*Drift in eleventh place overall for a chance to get points: https://soundcloud.com/rallyamerica/ken-block-day-2-parc-expo
- At the end of stage 11 Subaru Rally Team's David Higgins and Craig Drew narrowly extended their :05 Sno*Drift lead over the Rockstar Energy Drink Rally Team of Antoine L'Estage and Nathalie Richard. Third place Crazy Leo and Carl Williamson are staying ahead of forth place by +1:03. The Subaru Rally Team USA reports that the first three stages were smooth sailing and they had a great third stage on the second day.
- Ken Block and Alex Gelsomino are on a furious pace to make up time after reentering the Sno*Drift Rally on the second day. The team won each of this morning's stages and moved up from 11th overall to 8th overall. Gelsomino talks to Rally America about their advancement: https://soundcloud.com/rallyamerica/block-service-two
- Subaru Rally Team USA still with a 12.7 second lead over the Rockstar Energy Drink Rally Team after seventeen stages! SRT USA co-driver Craig Drew comments on the tight battle with Mitsubishi https://soundcloud.com/rallyamerica/drew-2
- In a rare close finish at a slippery Sno*Drift Rally Antoine L'Estage Rallye and Nathalie Richard piloted their Mitsubishi to victory, overcoming the Subaru Rally Team USA on the very last stage! SRT USA's David Higgins and Craig Drew took second and Can-Jam Motorsports' Crazy Leo and Carl Williamson took third overall.
SUPER PRODUCTION CLASS
- Exedy Racing Clutches Evan Cline with Jake Blattner currently leads the Super Production Class for a chance at his first SP Class event win! What is he doing to keep his hopes alive? https://soundcloud.com/rallyamerica/cline-day-2-parc-expo
- After Stage 11 Evan Cline extending his class lead over Nick Roberts by +9:42.2. However, Mason Moyle is closing the gap to second in class and is only 14.2 seconds behind Roberts.
- Barring any problems, Evan Cline has three more stages to go to clinch his first Super Production Class win! Young Mason Moyle with John Hall dogged Nick Roberts and Nick Judkins all day and finally overtook Roberts on stage 17! Moyle moves up to second place, Roberts was accessed a 40 second penalty for late service check-in and is 40.2 seconds behind.
- Exedy Racing Clutches' Evan Cline and Jake Blattner won their first Super Production Class. Mason Moyle and John Hall surpassed Rally America newcomers Nick Roberts and Nick Judkins on stage 17 to finish second and third in class.
TWO-WHEEL DRIVE CATEGORY
- Andrew Comrie-Picard begins the second day of Sno*Drift in the 2WD lead; https://soundcloud.com/rallyamerica/acp-day-2-parc-expo
- Chris Greenhouse from Cincinnati, OH is always a threat at the Two-Wheel Drive national level of competition in his Dodge Neon SRT4. He had an unfortunate first day at Sno*Drift and hopes for some fortune to claw back to 2WD relevancy: https://soundcloud.com/rallyamerica/chris-greenhouse-parc-expo-day
- After Stage 11 Andrew Comrie-Picard continues to lead the 2WD national class over Dillon Van Way by +2:37.6. Ed McNelly in third place is +11:19.3 behind the class leader.
- WRC Academy and British Rally Championship co-driver, Andrew Edwards, joined 2WD Ford Fiesta driver Dillon Van Way at Sno*Drift to work on improving his pace. The Van Way team is excited to work wtih Edwards who is introducing new methods to Van Way's development. https://soundcloud.com/rallyamerica/andrews
- Andrew Comrie-Picard still leads in the 2WD Class after stage 17 by +3:13.8. Ed McNelly is third in class with Chris Greenhouse threatening the third place position at +1:17.1 behind McNelly.
- Andrew Comrie-Picard and Jeremy Wimpey won the Two-Wheel Drive National Class in their Scion Racing Rally xD. Ford Racing's Dillon Van Way and Andrew Edwards finished second and Team O'Neil Rally School's Ed McNelly and Ole Holter took third.
PHOTO: Scott Rains