Joseph Burke Atop Start Order For Lake Superior Performance Rally
Returning to the Rally America National Championship for the first time since May’s Southern Ohio Forest Rally, Joseph Burke will be the first driver on the road for next weekend’s Lake Superior Performance Rally, with a speed factor of 105.82. He’ll lead a trio of quick Open class cars, with four-time 2018 winners Piotr Fetela and Dominik Jozwiak (99.72) second and 2017 National Champions Arkadiusz Gruszka and Lukasz Wronski (91.11) third.
Completing the top five will be O.D.D. Racing’s Cameron Steely and Preston Osborn (85.38), the first Super Production entrants on the road, and overall national points leaders Dave and Mike Brown (85.04). The Browns, continuing their quest to win the 2018 National Championship in a normally aspirated Open Light car, finished second to Fetela/Jozwiak last weekend at Show-Me Rally in Missouri.
Behind them, Seamus Burke and Martin Brady will lead the 2-Wheel Drive entries as the sixth car on the road. The popular duo also return to the series for the first time since SOFR, where they took the class victory by just over two minutes over Michael Hooper and Alison LaRoza; after rotating co-drivers this season, Hooper finally reunites with regular co-driver Claudia Barbera-Pullen for the first time since March’s Rally in the 100 Acre Wood at LSPR.
First cars on the road in each class, as well as total entries in each class, are as follows:
- Open: #115 Joseph Burke/TBD (1st overall, 9 cars)
- Super Production: #824 Cameron Steely/Preston Osborn (4th overall, 7 cars)
- Open Light: #194 Dave Brown/Mike Brown (5th overall, 15 cars)
- Group 5: #25 Seamus Burke/Martin Brady (6th overall, 5 cars)
- Group 2: #82 Mike Hurst/Susi Little (15th overall, 15 cars)
- B-spec: #141 Chris Sladek/John Sharps (26th overall, 3 cars)