Rally Colorado: By the Numbers
Looking for facts and figures from this weekend’s Rally Colorado? Say no more—we’ve got a list of some of the event’s defining numbers right here:
Starters and Finishers
- 39 vehicles entered Rally Colorado (4 Open, 6 Super Production, 8 Open Light, 15 2-Wheel Drive, 2 B-spec, 4 UTV Turbo).
- 23 vehicles finished (1 Open, 3 Super Production, 7 Open Light, 9 2-Wheel Drive, 2 B-spec, 1 UTV Turbo).
- #495 Steve Bis/Scott McCarty won the event with an overall time of 2:37:48.0. #171 Jerry Kendall/Cody Melius were second at 2:42:09.1 and #67 Roger Matthews/Jack Penley were third at 2:49:07.4.
- The Open Light, Open, and 2-Wheel Drive (Group 2) classes were all represented on the overall podium.
- The UTV Turbo vehicles were not scored as part of the Rally America National Championship and thus are not included in the official overall results. #331 Tadd Rigsby/Camron Harshman were the only finishers in this class at 2:37:01.9 after Super Rallying.
- 2018 marked the second year in a row that the overall winner of Rally Colorado did not win a stage during the event, after #194 Dave Brown/Mike Brown won last year. Brown/Brown finished 13th overall this year after winning nine stages; Bis/McCarty won two stages in 2017.
- Open Light: #495 Steve Bis/Scott McCarty, 2:37:48.0 (1st overall)
- Open: #171 Jerry Kendall/Cody Melius, 2:42:09.1 (2nd overall)
- Group 2: #67 Roger Matthews/Jack Penley, 2:49:07.4 (3rd overall)
- Super Production: #720 Bradley Ames/Valerie Briley, 2:51:17.5 (5th overall)
- Group 5: #280 Greg Healey/Philip Barnes, 2:55:07.0 (9th overall)
- B-spec: #141 Chris Sladek/Zach Pfeil, 3:03:53.1 (15th overall)
- UTV Turbo: #331 Tadd Rigsby/Camron Harshman, 2:37:01.9 (not scored overall)
- SS1: #194 Dave Brown/Mike Brown, 11:41.9**
- SS2: #94 Piotr Fetela/Dominik Jozwiak, 10:24.0**
- SS3: #94 Piotr Fetela/Dominik Jozwiak, 16:17.9**
- SS4: #194 Dave Brown/Mike Brown, 11:53.3
- SS5: #194 Dave Brown/Mike Brown, 10:51.0
- SS6: #194 Dave Brown/Mike Brown, 16:39.2**
- SS7: #475 Adam Short/Danny Norkus, 5:40.3
- SS8: #194 Dave Brown/Mike Brown, 14:24.1
- SS9: #194 Dave Brown/Mike Brown, 16:49.9
- SS10: #194 Dave Brown/Mike Brown, 5:35.7
- SS11: #194 Dave Brown/Mike Brown, 14:18.5
- SS12: #194 Dave Brown/Mike Brown, 16:28.2**
*UTVs were not scored in the overall results of Rally Colorado. However, #331 Tadd Rigsby/Camron Harshman posted the fastest times on the final eight stages.
**Faster than 2017 stage-winning time. SS6 was not completed in 2017.