Rally in the 100 Acre Wood Recce Day
Pebble snow and ice greeted Rally in the 100 Acre Wood teams Thursday morning as the event hosted stage reconnaisance before competition begins on February 22-23rd in Salem, MO. The weather is expected to warm to just about freezing but opinions vary if the accumulation will melt in time. Will ice or mud be a factor on Friday and what kind of tire traction will teams choose?
Updated February 21st at 6:20pm CT.
SEEDED DRAW RESULTS: Seeded draw to randomly select the first three drivers on the road has been completed. First on the road will be Ken Block, followed by Antoine L'Estage and then David Higgins.
- VIDEO: Antoine L'Estage, Van Way Racing, David Higgins 75 and Hoonigan Racing tests at the famous Bison Ranch before the Rally in the 100 Acre Wood. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URTo13Sn2gY
- Taylor Morris made internet waves in June 2012 with support from The Chive website for surviving an Afghanistan IED explosion that cost him all his limbs. Today Taylor is a source of inspiration in staying positive... and was recently granted a wish to ride at the 100 Acre Wood Rally with Hoonigan Racing's Ken Block after challenging Block to a skills contest on YouTube. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
- Subaru Rally Team USA's David Higgins talks to iRally about his Rally in the 100 Acre Wood chances: http://irallylive.com/ir_vidrss.htm?00000598
- See early photos from the Bison Ranch testing area with Hoonigan Racing and Rockstar Energy Drink Rally Team: CLICK HERE
- Freezing rain has hit the Rally in the 100 Acre Wood Thursday morning as teams recce the stages. Here is a photo of the Krolikowski's trying to keep their Subaru warm as the rain falls and freezes. Temperatures are expected to hover around freezing, and sun is in the forecast for Friday and Saturday.
- Salem, MO has pebbly ice accumulation from freezing rain all morning. Rally in the 100 Acre Wood organizer, Mark Huebbe, is expecting this accumulation to not melt away by tomorrow unless direct sunlight hits. That means teams will likely be on snow rally tires. The northern Friday stages shouldn't pose problems, but the southern stages - if glare ice persists - may give 2WD rally cars fits on the hilly sections.
NOTABLE ENTRY LIST NEWS
- Joesph Burke is back at the 100 Acre Wood Rally for his first event of 2013. Burke is Rally America's 2010 Rookie of the Year and took a hiatus from Rally America competition in 2012. Burke will be in a newly renovated Mitsubishi EVO IX after rolling the car at the Prescott Rally. Rally America will keep on eye on Burke as he takes on the top Open Class echelon.
- Crazy Leo will not make the trip to the 100 Acre Wood Rally due to an Austrain ski accident as reported by iRally: http://irallylive.com/ir_news.htm?00003161
- 2012 Super Production Class Champions, Lauchlin O'Sullivan and Scott Putnam, will enter the 100 Acre Wood Rally to kick-off their title defense: http://www.rally-america.com/news/entry/osullivan-putnam-point-to-the-podium-at-the-rally-in-the-100-acre-wood
- Hoonigan Racing's Alex Gelsomino, co-driver for Ken Block, previews the 100 Acre Wood Rally: http://irallylive.com/ir_pod.htm?00000407